Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A Birthday Egg


BadEgg
Originally uploaded by carrieaparrish.
My 26th birthday was this past weekend. In addition to many other celebratory acts, I went to breakfast with pals at a Berkeley breakfast hot-spot we'd never visited before. The atmosphere was great and service was excellent until... After stuffing myself full of eggs over medium and some wierd kind of red beet hash that tasted way better than it looked, I asked the waitress to box up the rest of the food on my plate. I almost quantified my request by indicating that she needn't include the remaining egg over medium that I had left relatively untouched but figured that she'd certainly use her common sense and pass on the egg. However, when she returned with my to-go bag, there it was. The egg! The egg over medium was all boxed up next to my red beet hash and starting to adopt the redish color in a slimy sick sort of way. And I must ask myself, who wants an egg to go?! I don't think I can conjure up a sicker concept than eating a microwaved egg over medium. But there it was. Happy birthday...here's your egg over medium...to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker